Welcome to The Genesee Conservation League website!
The GCL is a family oriented MEMBERSHIP club founded by a group of Rochester conservationists in 1925. Originally known as the “Rochester Chapter of the Izaak Walton League”, the name was changed to “GCL” and officially incorporated in September 1934. Based in Scottsville the GCL grew until 1948 when the present 32 acres were acquired. The clubhouse was erected in 1949 with all material and labor donated by members and friends. In 1975, the Myopia Pistol Club merged with GCL, playing a key role by dedicating the indoor pistol range, and enhancing our growth. The League has expanded now to over 2,000 members. Interests served range from casual shooting to bench rest and pistol competitions. We even host the Empire State Games. Socially, we have our clubhouse which hosts dinners, parties, and other events. The Clubhouse has a bar, lounge, and kitchen for special events. The Hall is also available for rent. Our Pavilion has plenty of seating, its own cooking area, and a children’s play area is adjacent. Three major areas which members enjoy are Archery, Pistol shooting, and Rifle shooting.We offer instruction in basic Firearms Safety, Bow hunter and Gun hunter Certification by NRA certified instructors.
Remember, the GCL is a FAMILY oriented club.
Safety is our most important priority!